Ideal for architects, designers, decorators, artists and teachers. For building architectural models, prototypes as well as classic model railroad, plane and boat items. The large table with 15 11/32" x 11" (390 x 280mm) ensures smooth and easy movement of the work piece. The printed grid and protractor assist with division and cutting. The solid aluminum overarm has a 13 3/4" (350mm) throat and offers 5 1/2" (140mm) in height. The holder and wire coil (one spool of wire 98ft., 0.008" diameter is included) may be shifted and adjusted along the overarm to enable miter cutting. An LED indicates operation and thus reminds you not to touch the hot wire to prevent burnt fingers (the wire heats to maximum in less than 1 second).
NOTE : TEMPERATURE
The correct temperature, being material and thickness dependent, is learned from experience. Profiles are ideally cut at lower temperatures and while applying less cutting force.
- The working surface is Alu Corbond compound making easier to push work pieces around the large table.
- Printed grid and protractor on worktable assist with division and cutting.
- Solid aluminum over arm.
- The holder and wire spool may be shifted and adjusted along the overarm to enable miter cutting.
- An LED indicates operation and thus reminds you not to touch the hot wire to prevent burnt fingers (the wire heats to the maximum temperature in less than 1 second).
- On/Off switch and electronic variable temperature control knob.
- Lockable feed bar/fence for angle cuts.
- Includes: one spool of NiCr8020 wire 98 ft, 0.008" diameter.
- Two year warranty
• Hotwire Cutter
• Miter Guide
• Fence/Feed Bar
• Spool of Wire
• Users Guide
Spare Cutting Wire for Hotwire Cutter THERMOCUT.
Made of NiCr 8020.
Spool diameter Ø 15/16" (24mm)
Spool thickness 5/16" (8mm)
Bore diameter Ø1/4" (6.5mm)
Wire size Ø 0.008" x 98ft (Ø 0.2mm x 30m)
Transformer Secondary Volts10V at 1.0A
Cutting Wire Temperature 210 - 390 ºF (100 - 200 ºC)
Worktable Size15-3/8" x 11" (390x280mm)
Cutting Height5-1/2" (140mm)
Wire (NiCr8020)Ø 0.008" x 98 Ft
Voltage110-120V AC, 60 HzWeight 6.6 lbs (3.0kg)
Cutting wire temperature 210 – 390 °F (100 – 200 °C)
Volts 110 – 120V AC 60 Hz
Weight 6.6 lb